Little-Known Factors Could Affect Your Affiliate Marketing: With such drastic changes in digital marketing trends, it becomes tougher to survive the fierce competition. The only way to maximize your organic traffic is to get your keywords right to rank higher in the search engine result pages.
You need to append enough time on your keyword research, especially if you are at your business’s initial stages. It will not only help you to have a clear direction in your business but would also boost your organic traffic.
And what could generate the best top 6 Keyword Research Tools list other than an efficient keyword research tool? Because you can’t afford business loss due to wrong keyword selection, do you?
There are many keyword research tools out there, and everybody claims to be offering top-quality services. However, you really need to sort out what’s best for your business.
A pro tip, you must always go for the one that offers a more in-depth and drilled down the list, which will help you stand out in the crowd. You can also go ahead and pay for additional services to get more detailed analytics of your keywords, but this is not required.
Little-Known Factors Could Affect Your Affiliate Marketing
Things to Consider Before Finalizing Your Keyword List
Are you confused about where to start while choosing the right keywords and key phrases? Or are you worried about losing money with your PPC ad balance exhausting due to irrelevant clicks? It’s high time you do your keyword research homework to make sure you drive the maximum traffic to your website.
Reliable keyword research tool
So, before you opt for a tool, generate your keywords, and make your SEO team start working on them, you need to make sure you get hold of the appropriate list. Here are the top things you must do to export the right group of keywords using a
• Keyword Relevance: Of course, keywords should have strong relevance to your business goals and should clearly reflect what you are selling or serving. Make sure your
keywords are matching the content you are trying to optimize.
• Keyword Competition: Keep up with the competition and keep on analyzing what your competitors are doing. Check out their choice of keywords for a particular product
or service and try including them by dedicating specific pages for each group.
• Keyword Search Volume: If nobody else is working on a particular keyword, that means it won’t bring in any traffic either. Instead, go for the ones having the highest search volumes and are more commonly searched for. What’s the point in making your SEO team work tirelessly on a keyword that your potential buyers won’t look for anyway?
• Keyword Intent: Each keyword has a specific purpose and intent – while some are meant for conversions, some others are used to educate the general public to increase awareness on a particular subject. Yet others are used for boosting the brand image. Keep your purpose in mind before selecting any keyword group.
• Keyword ROI: Before choosing a keyword, ask yourself, is it valuable? Will it drive good traffic on the page you have optimized for it? As per the
trends, long-tail keywords have higher conversion rates.
Top 6 Keyword Research Tools: Why Are They In Our List?
To help you keep up with the trends, we have made a strong list of the topmost efficient and trustworthy keyword analysis tools for 2020, along with their pros and cons. Check them out and give them a try, as most of them are free!
1. Google AdWords: Keyword Planner
The Google AdWords Keyword Planner has been the favorite for millions of advertisers and remains the most effective of all. It is definitely a good choice for your new website, but it provides promising results for large enterprises. It can be your best friend easing out your keyword listing decisions while you are busy handling other SEO strategies.
- Get grouped keyword ideas
- Put up to 3 keywords for getting keyword suggestions
- Detailed info on monthly searches
- Provides daily budget suggestions
- Make time period comparisons through visual and easy-to-understand graphs
- Flexible timeframes
- Filter searches based on location, device (such as desktop, mobile, and tablet)
- Visualize Mobile Trends
- View total and relative changes for each of your ad groups
- Google reduced the total number of keyword suggestions (initially it used to show up to 500+ keyword suggestions, now the number has reduced to around 300)
- Keyword filters are reduced
With Soovle, you can scoop out the best keywords from several sources and get ideas from 15 different search engines, including Google, YouTube, Amazon, Yahoo, Bing, and more. You can look up for all those keywords that your competitors might not even know about. The tool also provides autocomplete suggestions and helps to improve your search volume. It would be best if you typed in your keyword in the Google search box, and you will get a host of suggestions from the top search engines.
- Saved suggestions feature with drag and drop
- Autocomplete suggestions
- Download list in CSV, Excel and PDF formats
- Shows results from 15 search engines
- Displays data on search volume, market competition, and CPC
- Shows demo to help you get started
- Switch between your search engines by clicking on their icons displayed under the search box
- Deleting saved searches is difficult
- If you type fast, Soovle might fail to keep up and hence, generate irrelevant results.
If you have minimal time at hand to actually work on improving your search traffic in a slow-but-steady process, SEMrush can come to your rescue. It is a high-quality keyword research tool preferred by SEO professionals. It is designed with 26 different databases from different countries globally, including over 100 million words and more than 70 million websites.
- Locates website traffic accurately
- Creates site audit
- Analyses website backlinks
- Generates monthly search reports
- Can monitor the activities of 5 competitors, by performing domain to domain comparison
- Makes keyword tracking easy
- Offers competitive organic research
- Shows data on what keywords any competitors’ website bids on in PPC, their website ranking, the list of ads they are showing, etc.
- A bit pricey, while other tools are available for free
- Having such a large number of features can be confusing at times
- UI might seem hard to navigate
4. Ahrefs Keyword Explorer
Ahrefs is relatively new to the market and has already won the trust of millions. You can use this tool to make smarter and more improved keyword decisions. You will get in-depth information and metrics on each of your keywords.
- Gives you detailed keyword difficulty info and score
- Backlink tracking and competitor research
- 1000+ keyword suggestions
- Accurate search volumes
- Info on a parent topic
- Clicks metrics
- Advanced SEO metrics
- Content planning
- Find new niches by integrating with Intersect Tool or your ad campaigns
- Site audit stats might not always be accurate
- You can’t filter more than one organic keyword
- The dashboard might be a bit clumsy
5. Google Search Console
With this tool, you can get over 500 opportunity keywords. Many professionals prefer using both Google AdWords Keyword Planner and Google Search Console to get a more optimized keyword list. The tool provides keyword-specific performance data reports for your site, helping you in your SEO techniques.
- Enables you to optimize your content through Search Analytics
- Get instant email alerts from Google when there’s an issue on your website
- Allows you to submit sitemaps and other individual URLs to ‘ask’ Google spiders to crawl your site
- Gives technical SEO feedback, including mobile usability, site speed, etc.
- Displays common search queries visitors use to access your site
- Recrawling of pages is rather slow
- Even after disclaiming any non-existent URLs, Google still shows them in the error reports
Being one of the most advanced keyword research platforms in the industry, Jaaxy helps you manage all the aspects of your keywords and your website. Moreover, Jaaxy enables you to get detailed information about your market competition, allowing you to efficiently do your market research.
- Flexible and intuitive UI
- Low monthly cost
- You can save the keyword lists for targeting them later
- You can track your keywords ranks
- Comes with training videos to assist you in your keyword research techniques
- The monthly average is quite accurate
- Shows data on the estimated traffic
- Shows the number of competitors having exact keywords in their page titles
- Premium features aren’t available for free (free plan allows only 30 searches), but the charges are nominal
- Actual numbers might differ from what you get on Google
Living in a world in which ultra-targeting is the new trend, you need to make sure your keyword list is as drilled down and specific as possible to ensure the maximum traffic. Also, good keywords will enable you to have good quality leads that tend to stay long-term.
Try experimenting with all the six keyword research tools we have listed to check which one works best for you. All the above will help you choose the right keywords, thus boosting your content marketing strategies and improving your SERP rankings.